UNFCU offers special mortgage programs to make the home buying process in the US easier for eligible members.
First Time Home Buyers Program
If your are purchasing a 1-4 family unit, co-operative, condominium or planned unit development (PUD) for the first time, take advantage of our special money-saving mortgage loan program that offers:
This is a special program for Medical Doctors, and Doctors of Dental Medicine2 interested in purchasing or refinancing the mortgage on their primary residence in the US.
- No mortgage insurance required
- Adjustable rate mortgages at competitive rates
- Low down payments for single family homes, condos, and co‑ops
Read our press release.
- The $300 discount on origination fees will only apply to UNFCU fixed and adjustable rate mortgage applications received between 1 September 2016 and 31 October 2016 for qualified new purchases of a primary residence, second homes, and investment properties. Home equity products and refinances of an existing mortgage are not eligible.
- The UNFCU Doctor Program is designed to meet the financing needs of the following professionals who are looking to purchase a primary residence and who meet the UNFCU mortgage requirements: licensed Medical Doctors (MD), including psychiatrists; and Doctors of Dental Medicine – Dental Surgeons, Orthodontists, and General Dentist (DMD, DDS). Members must produce a degree in one of these fields as well as a license to practice. Other restrictions may apply.
Disclaimer: Housing counseling agencies approved by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) can offer independent advice about whether a particular set of mortgage loan terms is a good fit based on your objectives and circumstances, often at little or no cost. If you are interested in contacting a HUD-approved housing counseling agency in your area, you can visit the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) website,
www.consumerfinance.gov/find-a-housing-counselor, and enter your zip code. You can also access HUD’s housing counseling agency website via
www.consumerfinance.gov/mortgagehelp. For additional assistance with locating a housing counseling agency, call the CFPB at 1-855-411-CFPB (2372).