The deadline for submitting your nomination application to the Nominating Committee has passed.
Thank you to all members who submitted an application. The Nominating Committee will review the submissions and notify selected candidates in February.
The UNFCU Bylaws permit for candidates to be added to the ballot by petition. The petition must be signed by a minimum of 500 members and filed by 12 April 2024. To obtain additional information about the petition and filing procedure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our timeline to stay up to date on upcoming deadlines. Election results will be announced at our Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Nomination process closed
Petition process opens
Petition process closes
Annual General Meeting (AGM) where results will be announced
Time: 13:00 New York time
The AGM will be broadcast live and on-demand. Details coming soon.
Top Board of Directors Election FAQs
Directors fulfill vital leadership, legal, and fiduciary responsibilities and act in the best interests of UNFCU members. Collectively, the Board provides leadership and oversight to ensure that UNFCU remains competitive and resilient to changing economic and market conditions. The Board also establishes policies that management and staff follow in achieving UNFCU’s mission and vision.
The Board Chairperson appoints at least three UNFCU members to the Nominating Committee in November of each year. The Nominating Committee is responsible for reviewing all applications and selecting qualified UNFCU members as candidates for election to the Board.
Members may apply for a Board nomination from December through the end of January. Applicants must complete an online application and submit it to the Nominating Committee during this time. The Nominating Committee will select and notify the candidates in February.
We announce the selected candidates on the UNFCU website in March. We also send emails to the UNFCU membership. Voting starts in late April and continues through the day before the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in June. The successful candidates are announced during the AGM. All candidates are notified by email immediately following the AGM.
The UNFCU Nominating Committee considers criteria such as the following when selecting nominees:
- Is the member at least 18 years of age?
- Has the member been convicted of a crime involving dishonesty or breach of trust?
- Is the member in good standing with UNFCU?
- Is the member able to act solely for the interest and benefit of UNFCU and its members?
- Does the member have relevant education and/or experience?
In this election cycle, the Board is seeking applicants with a strong professional background in finance and relevant experience in the United Nations system.
A member in good standing is a member who:
- Has a fully funded Membership Share, and
- Is not significantly delinquent on any UNFCU loans, and
- Has not had any UNFCU accounts closed due to abuse or negligent behavior, and
- Has not caused a financial loss to UNFCU, and
- Has not engaged in violent, belligerent, disruptive, or abusive activities, such as actions that may cause material risk or financial harm to UNFCU.
To ensure continuity on the Board, no more than one-third of the Board seats turn over in any given year. Therefore, each year, three seats are voted on by the UNFCU membership.
Meet our current leadership
Learn about our current Board of Directors and senior management.