Stay Secure: Be cautious of phone calls claiming to be from UNFCU reporting fraud on your accounts.  Contact us directly to verify.
Maintenance: On 14 July, Digital Banking will be unavailable from 9:30 to 14:00 New York time.

Convert a Custodial account to a Youth account

A Custodial account can be converted to a Youth account when the minor reaches the age of 12. With a Youth account, the minor and the UNFCU member who opened the account manage the account jointly. 

  1. Contact us to request a Youth Account Opening form 

  2. Write a letter explaining that you wish to convert the existing Custodial account to a Youth account.    

  3. Complete the form and securely submit it to us along with the letter and a copy of the government-issued identification for the minor. 


Quick tip

You can also mail the documentation to:

United Nations Federal Credit Union
Court Square Place, 24-01 44th Road, 2nd Floor
Long Island City, NY 11101, USA 

More helpful resources

View all
Savings & Spending Accounts

Update share certificate renewal options 

Savings & Spending Accounts

Set up overdraft protection

Savings & Spending Accounts

Request a Flex Rate increase